- This event has passed.
10th ESA Advanced Training Course on Land Remote Sensing 2021
September 20 - September 24
Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering (FGG)
EO and AI for Forestry
This course is dedicated to training the next generation of Earth Observation (EO) scientists and experts working in forestry domain to exploit data from EO missions (e.g. the Copernicus Sentinels) and use Artificial Intelligence (AI) for science and applications development.
The training will include theory and hands-on sessions on the following topics:
- Introduction to the Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 missions and their performance
- Introduction to ESA BIOMASS mission
- Natural disturbances of forests
- Forest cover monitoring and change detection with optical and SAR remote sensing
- Forest fires detection with optical and thermal remote sensing
- Deforestation and forest degradation
- PolInSAR and TomoSAR for forests
- Forest structure and biomass retrieval using SAR
- Accuracy in forest mapping
- S2 and Landsat timeseries for forests monitoring
- EO Browser
- AI for forests
- Forestry TEP
- Training on the use of SNAP toolbox
The course will be held as a hybrid event. If allowed to travel, lecturers and participants are encouraged to attend on-site at the University of Ljubljana. Participants who cannot travel, due to the COVID-19 related regulations, can participate online.