The NoR call aims to support research, development and pre-commercial users to innovate their working practices, moving from a data download paradigm towards a ‘bring the user to the data’ paradigm, considered essential for maintaining competitiveness of European data exploitation. The NoR Portal provides an ever increasing portfolio of innovative operational platform and cloud services operated by actors from participating countries¹. Usage of these resources shall accelerate the achievement of scientific goals and the sharing of the results, or to approach the digital information market quicker and in an easier sustainable way.
The NoR will provide successful applicants with a voucher for the selected services, allowing free-at-point-of-use consumption for research, product development and up to pre-commercial demonstration. Vouchers must not be used to support any commercial revenue flows.
To request sponsorship follow the procedure.
- Please check your eligibility for receiving of vouchers and your commitment of deliverables required from successful applicants:
- Use the NoR Discovery Tool to review the available portfolio of resources and identify the most suitable solution. Take note of the level of funding that can typically be sponsored through the NoR initiative. Any additional resources will need to funded from another source the the ESA NoR Initiative
- The NoR Help desk is also available to support you with any queries
- Fill in the Sponsorship Wizard visible on the results page of the Discovery tool
- Get a quotation from the helpdesk for the list of services in the Discover tool you request. Services not listed in the tool cannot be sponsored
- Print out the Sponsorship Wizard page and email it with the quotation to NoR@esa.int
The proposals will be reviewed by a panel of reviewers who will assess the merits of the proposed project against the following evaluation criteria:
- eligibility and priority of the applicant;
- accordance with the specific objectives of the opportunity;
- merits of the proposed projects and probability of follow-on;
- appropriate and cost-efficient use of granted resources.
ESA reserves the right to propose sponsoring of alternative resources for successful applicants, if these are considered to be a better use of ESA funds.
The applicant will be informed by email with the outcome of the evaluation (acceptance/rejection or request for modifications).
ESA reserves the right to fund a proposal only or to reject the proposal without further justification.
Explore the Discovery Tool to see the listing of services and to begin the sponsorship request.