- This event has passed.
9th ESA Training on Earth Observation
July 3, 2017 - July 7, 2017
Joint Life Sciences Centre of Vilniun University
The European Space Agency (ESA) in cooperation with the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Lithuania and the Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology, organised a Training Course on Radar and Optical Remote Sensing. It was aimed at the promotion and dissemination of Earth Observation (EO) technology in a variety of science and industry fields.
The participants included researchers (mainly at MSc and PhD levels), professionals, trainers and educators, who use EO technology within their daily work. These were from ESA European Cooperating States (mainly Lithuania and Latvia). Also a few candidates from ESA member states were selected to broaden the geographic and cultural range of participants and stimulate networking.
- SAR Introduction
- SAR Reminders
- SAR Physics
- SAR Missions and Systems
- Forestry, Agriculture, Land Use and other Land Applications of SAR
- Introduction to Optical Remote Sensing
- Land Applications of Optical Remote Sensing
- SAR/Optical RS Integration for Land Applications
- SAR/Optical Applications for Ice and Snow
- Francesco Sarti (ESA)
- Christian Thiel (University of Jena)
- Alexander Klaus (GAF AG)
- Pierre-Louis Frison (University of Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallee)
- Christ Stewart (RSAC c/o ESA)
- Gabriele Schwaizer (ENVEO IT GmbH)
Access here below the full programme and training material (both theory and practicals).