6th ESA Advanced Course on Radar Polarimetry 2021
February 1, 2021 - February 5, 2021
Université Toulouse III-Paul Sabatier
The European Space Agency (ESA) is organising the 6th Advanced Course on Radar Polarimetry dedicated to training the next generation of Earth Observation (EO) scientists to exploit dual and fully polarimetric data for science and applications development.
Post graduate, PhD students, post-doctoral research scientists and users from European countries and Canada interested in Radar Polarimetry, BIOMASS and their applications are invited to apply. Research scientists and students from all other countries are also welcome to apply and participate in the course subject to space availability.
The main objectives of the course are to:
- Train the next generation of European and Canadian Principal Investigators (PIs);
- Explain theoretical principles, processing algorithms, data products and their use in various applications;
- Introduce available tools and methods for the exploitation of dual-pol and full-pol data;
- Provide first-hand and up-to-date information on the state of the art in Radar Polarimetry, Polarimetric SAR Interferometry and SAR Tomography;
- Provide an introduction to BIOMASS mission, data and applications
Participation is limited and subject to a selection process.
The official language of the training course is English.
No participation fees will be charged for the training but participants are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses. No financial support is available.
Deadline for applications: 1 November 2020