EO for Polar Science Workshop
October 28 - October 30
This workshop aims at:
- Reviewing the progress and latest results in polar science with major focus on EO- advances in the domain of polar research and applications
- Identifying the major Polar scientific challenges, observation gaps and research needs for the coming years
- Identifying the coming opportunities offered by the increasing international EO capacity from space in synergies with in-situ observations, citizen science, advance modelling, new technologies and interdisciplinary research
- Exploring effective mechanisms to promote networking and collaborative research in Polar sciences, bringing together different expertise, data and resources in a synergistic manner ensuring that the final result may be bigger than the sum of the parts
- Advancing towards the definition of major scientific priorities in polar research that may drive EC and ESA collaborative activities in the coming years
- Exploring the need for major multi-year coordinated inter-disciplinary experiments (involving advances in EO satellite observations, large in-situ data collection campaigns, advances in modelling, …).
The meeting is open to EO scientists, polar researchers and students, modellers, Earth system and climate scientists, industry, operational agencies, policy makers, representatives of local communities and other stakeholders interested in sharing their knowledge and experience and contributing to drive the European polar scientific agenda.
Submit your abstract by 1 June 2020.
This event will be held online.