- This event has passed.
Earth Observation for Water Cycle Science 2020
November 16, 2020 - November 18, 2020
This event will take place online.
This Conference aims at:
- Reviewing the latest advances and results in the use of EO technology to monitor and characterise the different components of the water cycle.
- Reviewing the progress and latest results in water cycle research with major focus on EO- advances in the domain of water and energy cycle, water cycle in climate, hydrology, hydro-climatic extremes and water resources and climate adaptation, water-energy-food nexus.
- Exploring the latest advances in novel EO technologies, mission concepts, new mission ideas and future EO missions under preparation by space agencies and industry
- Identifying the major scientific challenges, observation gaps and research needs for the coming years
- Identifying the coming opportunities offered by the increasing international EO capacity from space in synergy with in-situ observations, citizen science, advance modelling, new technologies and interdisciplinary research
- Exploring effective mechanisms to promote networking and collaborative research in global water sciences, bringing together different expertise, data and resources in a synergistic manner ensuring that the final result may be bigger than the sum of the parts
- Advancing towards the definition of major scientific priorities in water cycle research that may drive scientific activities of ESA and other partners in the coming years.
Please submit an abstract and/or a proposal for discussion session within 21 September 2020.