- This event has passed.
10th ESA Training on Earth Observation
September 17, 2018 - September 21, 2018
Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information (SCSTI)
The European Space Agency (ESA) in cooperation with the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic organised a Training Course on Earth Observation, that took place from 17 – 21 September 2018 in the premises of the Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information (SCSTI) in Bratislava.
The main aim of this course was to promote and disseminate Earth Observation (EO) technologies in various scientific and industrial fields, covering optical and radar sensors, with emphasis on combining Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 for environmental applications.
The participants included researchers, students, PhD students and young professionals that use EO technology within their daily work and wanted to improve their knowledge. The majority of them were from ESA European Cooperating States (especially from Slovakia), though candidates from other countries were selected to broaden the geographic and cultural range of participants and stimulate networking.
- Basics of radar (SAR) and optical Remote Sensing
- Remote Sensing applications:
- Detection of land cover and land cover changes
- Forest monitoring
- Agricultural crops monitoring
- Monitoring snow cover
- Support to Natural Hazards management – Floods and Forest Fires.
- Integration of SAR/Optical Remote Sensing for Land, Ice and Snow Applications.
- Francesco Sarti (ESA)
- Nesrin Salepci (University of Jena)
- Pierre-Louis Frison (University of Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée)
- Jochem Verrelst (University of Valencia)
- Luca Pipia (University of Valencia)
- Gabriele Schwaizer (ENVEO IT GmbH)
- Amalia Castro Gomez (ESA)
- Raffaele Rigoli (ESA)
- Kay van der Made (ESA).
Video recordings of some of the theory sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday are available from CVTISR.
Access here below the full programme and training material (both theory and practicals).