The EO AFRICA R&D Facility developed in Moodle the following 8 training packages:
- Principles of and advances in EO (optical and SAR)
- Cloud Computing for EO analyses
- Water and Energy budgets from EO
- Soil Moisture from Space
- EO for floods, water bodies and wetlands
- Vegetation and Drought monitoring from space
- Mapping and Monitoring Ecological Systems; Assessing Land Suitability
- Crop monitoring and yield estimation from space
The packages are intended to be used in MSc level curricula in the field of EO for water and food security. All packages use free and open-software and are freely available for download. More information can be found HERE.
The EO AFRICA R&D Facility supports strengthening of Capacity development in Africa and is releasing digital materials, MOOCs, online courses and Webinars. It also offers Face to Face training opportunities for African researchers.