- This event has passed.
EO AFRICA F2F Training #5: Cloud based EO analyses for Water and Food Security
November 7, 2022 - November 11, 2022
The 5th F2F course of the EO AFRICA R&D Facility will take place in Nairobi, Kenya in close collaboration with the Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources or Development (RCMRD).
In this course, participants will get an introduction to cloud-based image analysis techniques for Water and Food Security. The training includes face-to-face lecturing and reading material to provide the theoretical background. Hands-on exercises will demonstrate the applications of the methods and step by step pdf tutorials will be provided as well.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will:
- Have gained fundamental knowledge on understanding the basic principles and using Earth Observation data,
- Become aware of the Copernicus Programme, with a focus over the African continent (GMES&Africa), and the available software tools for EO analyses,
- Learn about the Advances in Passive EO (the electromagnetic radiation, EM spectrum, interaction with atmosphere and surface), as well as history of EO,
- Become familiar with the EO Africa R&D Facility and the use of the Innovation Lab, where practise on among others Drought monitoring with Sentinel-2 data will take place,
- Develop an Individual project work within Innovation Lab on a topic of interest, and present it
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: October, 14 2022