January 25, 2021 - January 29, 2021
CNR Centro Congressi
In the context of the EO Science for Society Programme Element, the European Space Agency is organising ATMOS-2021, a conference on the topical theme Atmosphere aimed at exploiting data from ESA and EO Missions for science and application development. The event is co-organised with CNR.
The conference objectives are to:
- Provide a platform for scientific exchange and to assess the state of the art of atmospheric applications;
- Foster the scientific community in atmospheric research;
- Present mission status, algorithms, and products for the currently operating Copernicus Sentinel-5p and Aeolus missions;
- Provide updates on development and science activities regarding future missions, e.g Copernicus Sentinel-4, Copernicus Sentinel-5, CO2M, FORUM, EarthCARE, Altius and FLEX;
- Provide updates on development activities regarding ESA Third Party missions;
- Demonstrate the synergistic use of different atmospheric instruments;
- Present large scale international initiatives to support the R&D activities relevant to Copernicus atmosphere missions and promote synergy with other Copernicus Sentinels, Earth Explorers, and other missions;
- Consult researchers on exploitation elements supporting science activities for currently operating missions;
- Discuss novel atmospheric mission, instrument and algorithm concepts, e.g., Scout Missions, SmallSats, constellations, HAPS, miniaturisation, AI in algorithms;
- Review and assess the progress according to the recommendations of the ESA 2018 Atmospheric Science Conference;
- Provide a forum for scientists to formulate community recommendations.