- This event has passed.
7th ESA Training on Earth Observation 2016
May 30, 2016 - June 4, 2016
Faculty of Geodesy, University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy (UACEG)
In 2016 ESA, in cooperation with the University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Faculty of Geodesy and with the Ministry of Economy of Bulgaria, organised a Radar Remote Sensing training course addressed to participants from universities, scientific communities, institutions and organizations that were making use of geoinformation. The course provided participants with an introduction to radar remote sensing technology as well as examples of end-user applications of this technique within the environmental field.
The course was dedicated to researchers, students, PhD students, and young professionals from Bulgaria, Slovenia, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovakia (PECS/Plan for European Cooperating States) that use EO technology within their daily work and wanted to improve their knowledge of radar remote sensing.
- SAR introduction
- SAR Missions and Systems
- SAR Applications to Forestry
- SAR Land applications – land cover, land use
- SAR Interferometry and applications – earthquakes, subsidence
- SAR Maritime and water applications
- SAR Flood monitoring
- Synergy of EO-GNSS-GIS
- Francesco Sarti (ESA)
- Christian Thiel (University of Jena)
- Francesco Holecz (SARMap)
- Ramon Hanssen (Delft University of Technology)
- Martin Gade (University of Hamburg)
- Antonios Mouratidis (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
- Maya Ilieva (UACEG)
Access here below the full programme and training material (both theory and practicals).