- This event has passed.
4th ESA Training on Earth Observation 2013
September 16, 2013 - September 20, 2013
On 16-20 September 2013 ESA, in cooperation with Frederick University of Cyprus and the Department of Electronic Communications of the Ministry of Communications and Works of Cyprus, organised a Radar Remote Sensing training course addressed to participants from universities, scientific community, institutions and organisations that were making use of geospatial data.
The course provided participants with an introduction to radar remote sensing technology as well as examples of end-user applications of this technique relevant to Cyprus.
- ESA Earth Observation missions and data access
- SAR principles – fundamentals of radar remote sensing and radar processing (theory and computer practical sessions)
- Polarimetric SAR (theory and practical sessions)
- Introduction to Radar Interferometry (theory)
- Specific applications of SAR (theory and practical sessions): Applications in forestry, agriculture, biomass, meteorology, geology, terrain analysis
- Dr. F. De Zan (DLR)
- Dr. C. Thiel (University of Jena, Germany)
- Dr. L. Ferro-Famil (Université de Rennes, France)