The EO4SD-Urban project is happy to announce a free webinar series on satellite-derived geospatial information for urban development. The webinars are part of the capacity building offered to our project partners (development bank staff, technical staff from participating cities, etc.).
The webinars introduce the latest methodologies of obtaining geospatial information from satellite Earth Observation (EO) data for urban development. The presenters are experts of the EO4SD-Urban consortium.
- Increase their understanding on how to improve sustainable urban development with applications of Earth Observation (EO)
- Learn about the latest freely available and commercial satellite data
- Gain insight in different use cases in urban development activities
- Have the opportunity to get in direct contact with presenting experts
- Receive a certificate for participation in the webinar (upon request).
Topics and dates
Dates and times for the following webinars will be announced on this page and on eo4sd.esa.int/urban:
Webinar 1.1: Overview: Geospatial Technology and its Applications for Urban Topics
First run: 2018 July 17 10:00–11:00 CEST. A re-run of this webinar is planned for audiences in other time zones.
Webinar 2.1: Remote Sensing Introduction & Characteristics of Satellite Data
Webinar 2.2: Basics of Image Classification & Geographical Information Systems
Webinar 2.3: Accuracy & Quality of Products
Webinar 2.4: Product Portfolio in a Nutshell
Webinar 3.1: Improvements to Developing Master Plans
Webinar 3.2: Slums Upgrade and Access to Basic Services
Webinar 3.3: Improving Urban livelihoods
Webinar 3.4: Improved methods for assessment of land valuation and property taxes
Webinar 3.5: EO Data for Climate Resilience and Disaster Management City Plans
Webinar 3.6: Analyzing urban areas using available data and online tools