Scientific Data Exploitation Element of the Earth Observation Envelope Program (EOEP-5) aims at supporting the scientific community and value-adding companies of Baltic Member States to carry out leading edge research activities to advance the use of ESA and non-ESA EO missions towards the achievement of major scientific challenges identified by Baltic Earth community for the next decade:
- Dedicated products for the Baltic: ocean colour, sea level, coastal altimetry, salinity and new dedicated S2 products.
- Characterization of biochemical exchanges (land-sea and air-sea) including salinity dynamics.
- Characterizing and closing the water cycle of the Baltic.
- 4D reconstruction of Baltic ocean dynamics by integration of EO and modelling.
- Characterizing and predicting major Baltic inflows.
To address these, activities have been already initiated in 2018. Find out about them in the Baltic projects section.