EarthCODE (Earth Science Collaborative Open Development Environment) has the objective to:
- enable adoption of FAIR Open Science Principles throughout ESA-funded Earth System Science activities, to deliver long-term persistence of data, code and documentation, aiding reproducibility, reuse and consumption of research outputs by a wider community.
EarthCODE brings existing pieces together in a single, open-access solution for ESA scientific activities, offering an Open access cloud-based development environment leveraging on federated EO platforms, with:
- Scalable computing, tools for FAIR management of open data, open-source code, documentation
- Guidelines, community management, and support to use the tools and apply the principles in practice, including for activities that use own institutional computing resources
- Persistent storage, cataloguing and discovery services for the activities’ research outputs
EarthCODE is being developed incrementally, with subcontractors being selected via annual Best Practice procurements. These Best Practice procurements will address three main Work Streams:
- Infrastructure and Services – looking to integrate cloud computing services from EO Platforms with the EarthCODE Portal.
- FAIR Open Science – looking to integrate tools for the management of Open Data and Open Source Software
- Community – looking to manage and develop the community of scientists contributing to and using EarthCODE
Community manager for EarthCODE: Alasdair Kyle <Alasdair.Kyle@telespazio.com>