EO for Africa Symposium 2024
September 23 @ 09:00 - September 26 @ 13:00 UTC+2
ESA is pleased to announce the organization of the 2024 EO for Africa Symposium in partnership with the African Union Commission (AUC), African Association of Remote Sensing of the Environment (AARSE), the European Commission (EC), the European Organization for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT), and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). The symposium is scheduled to take place from 23 to 26 September 2024 at ESA-ESRIN in Frascati, Italy.
Collaborations between Africa and Europe in Earth Observation (EO) have a rich history spanning decades. ESA has been a leader in various initiatives and is currently implementing the EO African Framework for Research, Innovation, Communities, and Applications (AFRICA) Initiative. This initiative aims to build an African-European R&D partnership and facilitate the sustainable adoption of Earth Observation and related space technology in Africa, following an African user-driven approach with a long-term (>10 years) vision for the digital era in Africa.
Under the auspices of the Africa Union Commission (AUC), ESA has established longstanding and fruitful collaborations with numerous African entities holding local, regional, and continental responsibilities.
In this framework, ESA is honored to co-organize this Symposium and invites all interested parties to submit their abstracts and/or participate.
The aim of the Symposium is to:
- Showcase the latest R&D EO Science and Applications achievements relevant for the African continent;
- Further facilitate international EO R&D collaborations across Africa and Europe;
- Continue the user-driven process of capturing EO high-priority topics for future R&D and capacity development joint efforts;
- Share information about future EO missions, digital technology, and the related opportunities;
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities to accelerate the integration of downstream services in operational solutions.
- EO at African Space Agency
- Digital transformation and innovation
- Data and tool exchange
- Copernicus services use (products used in Africa)
- EO private sector in Africa
The Abstract submission interface is now open, and we invite you to submit your abstract HERE along with your
selection of the topic and the type of proposed presentation (oral or poster).