EO4SD Climate Resilience stakeholder & capacity building workshop
One day before the One Planet Summit in Nairobi: Africa’s Pledge, stakeholders from international finance institutions (IFIs) and their client states are invited to a workshop focused on demonstrating the value of EO data to climate-resilient development.
Objectives of the event are:
- providing valuable insights into how IFIs and their client states can use Earth observation data to support climate-resilient development;
- discussing stakeholder needs and requirements, especially with regards to projects on the African continent;
- providing applicable and useful information about Copernicus Sentinel data and services, which offers full, free and open access;
- showcasing the proposed services of the EO4SD Climate Resilience cluster and how they can be used (e.g. drought monitoring, wetland monitoring, ecosystem evaluation, flooding, soil erosion, etc.);
- offering a training session about the EO4SD Climate Resilience platform, including downloading data, visualizing it, and creating of customized products (e.g. water quality indexes, vegetation indexes, etc.).