- This event has passed.
2nd ESA Advanced Training Course on Atmospheric Remote Sensing 2014
October 27, 2014 - October 31, 2014
Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany
As part of the Scientific Exploitation of Operational Missions (SEOM) programme element, the European Space Agency (ESA) organised an advanced Atmospheric Training Course, co-sponsored by Forschungszentrum Jülich – Institute of Energy and Climate Research, devoted to train the next generation of Earth Observation (EO) scientists to exploit data from ESA and operational EO Missions for science and applications development.
Post graduate, PhD students, post doctoral research scientists and users from European countries and Canada interested in Atmospheric Remote Sensing were invited to apply to the 5 day course on the subject, which was held at the Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany from 27-31 October 2014.
Research scientists and students from all other countries were also welcome to apply and participate to the course subject to space availability.
No participation fees were charged for the training but participants were expected to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses (financial support was not available).
The official language of the training course was English. Participation was limited to 50 students.
This Training Course was co-sponsored by Forschungszentrum Jülich – Institute of Energy and Climate Research
The Advanced Atmospheric Training Course aimed at:
- Training the next generation of European and Canadian Principal Investigators (PIs);
- Explaining theoretical principles, processing algorithms, data products and their use in applications;
- Introducing tools and methods for the exploitation of EO satellite data;
- Stimulating and supporting the exploitation of ESA EO and Third Party Mission data for atmospheric remote sensing science and applications;
- Preparation for the Sentinel 5P mission.