The objective of this activity is a consolidated and improved understanding and modelling of coastal processes and physics responsible for sea level changes on various temporal/spatial scales. In practice, this study shall combine several elements:
- Propose and develop an approach to estimate a consistent DT at tide gauges, coastal areas, and open ocean
- Validate the approach in well-surveyed areas where DT can be determined at tide gauges
- Determine a consistent MDT using GOCE with consistent error covariance fields
- Connect measurements of a global set of tide gauges and investigate trends
- Develop and outlook how the approach could be further improved using improved coastal altimetry.