This ITT is part of the ESA Polar Science Cluster and aims at fostering collaborative research and international collaboration, bringing together different expertise, data and resources and ensuring that the final result may be bigger than the sum of the parts.
More information, results and the complete set of projects is provided in the dedicated website.
This ITT responds to two main drivers:
- It is a direct response to some of the major recommendations gathered during the European Polar Science Week, organised jointly by EC and ESA the 26-30 October 2020
- This activity also contributes to the efforts of ESA and European Commission Directorate for Research and Innovation (DG-RTD) to launch a joint EC-ESA Earth System Science Initiative (email@example.com) aiming at providing a coordinated response to the grand science challenges of the next decade.
In particular, this ITT addresses three major community challenges in Polar sciences:
- Theme 1: Sea-ice thickness products inter-comparison exercise;
- Theme 2: Glaciers mass change synthesis experiment;
- Theme 3: Arctic Methane and Permafrost Challenge (AMPAC) Networking Action.
Learn more about this Invitation To Tender on the esa-star Publication page.